The Naval Architect's Toolbox for the Preliminary Design
Prelimina.com is an online service that offers a range of tools for naval architects, ocean engineers and boat designers.
It is currently work in progress, and new tools and features are added progressively. Since there are various tools for the basic ship and boat design, this system-agnostic toolbox can offer hydrostatic and hydrodynamic calculation tools for those designs.
The solvers are based on the novel methods and state-of-the-art algorithms.
In addition, Rhino plug-in is in the making. If there is interest, we can also compile the tools as offline plug-ins for other popular design software. Feel free to contact us for any enquiries.
The toolbox currently contains the following solvers:
- Resistance prediction for displacement and semi-displacement ships.
- Propeller in open water thrust, torque and efficiency prediction for any operating points.
The solvers soon to be released:
- Automatic optimization of the propeller.
- Resistance prediction for planing ships.
- Steady flow analysis for predicting wake fraction and thrust deduction.
- Other solvers will be introduced based on our roadmap.
We respect your privacy
Online toolbox does not collect any information on the server, all relevant information is safely kept on user's machine.